How to check your bvn on all networks and bank with your phone (Nigeria)
check your bvn for all banks and networks(airtel,mtn,mobile 9 ,glo)
BVN (#Bank Verification Number) is your biometric identification number in the database of the Central Bank of Nigeria. It is a modern security measure used by the CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) to reduce fraudulent activities in the banking system in Nigeria.
With the increasing incidents of compromise on conventional security systems (password and PIN), there is a high demand for greater security for access to sensitive or personal information in the Banking System. In recent times, biometric technologies have been used to analyze human characteristics as an enhanced form of authentication for real-time security processes.
Biometrics refers to identifying an individual based on physiological or behavioral attributes – fingerprint, signature etc.
The Central Bank of Nigeria through the Banker’ Committee and in collaboration with all banks in Nigeria on February 14, 2014 launched a centralized biometric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN).
ALL ABOUT BVN
- A unique ID number shall be issued to every Bank customer at enrolment and linked to every account that the customer has in ALL Nigerian Banks.
Individuals shall be required to submit an acceptable means of identification as prescribed for enrolment.
- Customers of banks shall be required to enroll within a fixed period after which they shall no longer be able to operate their Bank accounts
Capturing of all ten (10) fingers and facial image will be adopted
- For authentication purposes, individuals performing banking transactions (e.g applying for loans) shall be required to identify themselves using their biometric features which will be matched against information in the central database.
- Update of customer information shall be done at their Bank Branches physically.
Banks shall be prompted during account opening and credit check if a customer has been blacklisted by ANY Nigerian Bank.
- The BVN and unique features of an individual shall be used in conjunction with a PIN on a point of transaction.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR BVN FOR ALL BANKS AND NETWORKS
To check your BVN ,you don’t need to rush to the bank whether gtbank,first bank,eco bank,zenith bank,diamond bank,wema bank, keystone bank,skye bank,fcmb etc.You can check your BVN with your phone and on all networks; mtn ,airtel, glo, and mobile9 using the ussd code *565*0#.
N/B:you will be charged ₦20 per check and you should send with the phone number attached to your account,finally don’t disclose your bvn to any 3rd party.